8/17/07

Nearly Seven

Well as I keep being reminded (several times a day) it is coming up to that time of the year again for Miss T. Yes, that's right Birthday Time. Oh my she is so excited this year. If anyone asks how old she is she answers "I'm six but I'm seven August". Now that very important month is upon us Miss T is finding it very hard to contain herself.
What a milestone. We've passed infancy, we've passed toddler hood, we've passed being a pre-schooler and now we're entering the next phase. Part of me is sad that I've had to say goodbye to the baby and small child stages but I'm also excited to see what is to come and watch her blossom into the complex girl she is becoming. They change so fast. Sometimes I can't believe that the gangly girl that awkwardly tries to find a place on my lap was that tiny baby who I could hold in my hand. Time moves on, we move on and change and nothing seems to show that more to me than the growing up of my girls. I don't wish them not to grow up but I do wish sometimes I would take more care in appreciating who they are each day.

No comments: