Posted by littlema at 4:12 PM
Posted by littlema at 10:08 AM
I spent today with other people's Fathers but my own was in my thoughts all day.
Posted by littlema at 3:08 PM
I look at Miss T now at the age of 7 and I feel I have come to peace much more with her early birth and all that transpired as a family for us since. I know there is still much in store for us but I feel a sense of acceptance to it all. Not that I don't feel remorse for what has happened to Miss T but the fact that I am powerless to change the past and all I can do is my best in the present moment for my daughter because really that is the only way I can ever help her.
Posted by littlema at 8:02 PM
Posted by littlema at 8:33 AM
Posted by littlema at 5:48 PM
I'm always on the look out for good educational websites for the girls.
Rainforest Maths has to be one of my favourites. It is based on the curriculum in our state and is so easy to navigate and use. It suits all the three girls due to the different levels. Well worth a look for primary school children.
Even though it is still winter here, it in an unseasonably warm day. Just posted this photo of Miss E to remind me that the happy beach days are on the way. I love this photo of Miss E. I took it at Bribie Island in the middle of last summer just as she stood up from ducking under a wave. I love the true happiness of her smile and the fact that I can still see the water dripping from her cheeks. We are so lucky here to live near so many truly wonderful and special beaches.
Miss E says several times a day "I love you much".
I have three pairs of small hands to hold.
The first thing Miss T does in the morning is give me a hug.
What more do I need!
Posted by littlema at 1:53 PM
Posted by littlema at 10:39 AM
I've been tagged by Jacqui from Terrible Palsy for Eight Random Thoughts About Me:
- I hate mashed potato to the point that I even hate mashing it up for the girls - but of course it would be one of their favourite foods.
- I don't drive, by choice - the rest of the world is a bit safer because of it too.
- I spend way to much time playing WEBoggle. I am totally addicted.
- I still haven't found anything that I'm talented at (sad I know).
- I drink way, way to much coffee.
- I hate confrontation and will do anything in my power to avoid it (not always the best course of action).
- I adore chocolate coated ginger more than any other food in the whole world.
- The best smell in the world is double choc chip cookies baking in the oven on a rainy day.
I know I'm suppose to tag 8 other bloggers, but I'm afraid I'm only new to the whole blog deal. So I don't think I will be able to tag 8 bloggers but I will tag Word Game Guy who is also new to the blog world and because I adore his game.
Posted by littlema at 2:38 PM
- NO school lunches to pack
- NO uniforms to iron
- NO rushing every morning to get everyone out the door on time
- Time to spend doing craft activities ALL day
- Time to sit in the park all day and eat hot chips in the winter sun
- Time to go to the movies
Now why is it that I'm not homeschooling I wonder......
This school holidays is going to be extra special because of a new edition to our family. Lily our six week old Golden Retriever puppy. She is very cute and much loved by the girls and our big retriever Ben.
To my girls:
When Mum is cold we're all cold so yes that means you must PUT YOUR JUMPER ON!!
Take heart girls it's a Queensland winter so it will be short lived but until it is over you will stay warm when you are outside.
Life doesn't stop for anyone, particularly when you have three girls to run around after. Not that I particularly mind because I love to be busy. All my girls were premature. The eldest and the youngest though had very smooth rides and really in the scheme of things their births and their really minor prematurity (34 and 36 weeks) have not had any long standing negative effects. Little Miss T though who was born at 28 weeks nearly seven years ago has taken us on an incredible journey. It has been an unbelievable mixture from complete and utter sadness to amazing joy. Miss T has ataxic cerebral palsy as a result of her prematurity. Life is for us as a family one step forward, 2 steps back. I just need to remember to keep taking those forward steps.